Started week 2 of C25K today. I did it!
5 minute warm-up at 3.5-3.7
90 second Runs at 6.1
2 minute Walks at 3.5
5 minute cool-down at 3.0-3.5
A few observations I made while chugging away:
- Running 90 seconds is harder than running 60 seconds. About 1.5 times harder, actually. 😉
- During the Runs, I concentrate on my breathing, in through the nose and out through the mouth.
- I also listen to my kick-ass near-perfect custom Pandora playlist, “Upbeat Workout”
- The longer recovery time is good. I was still mostly able to get my HR back under 150 during the Walking phases.
- I noticed that I’m not getting stitches in my side when running. That used to happen to me every time I went jogging. Why not now? Is it my breathing? That I am fueling up before running?
- My legs feel good when running. The biggest hurdle right now is how winded I get.
- I’m still really having trouble visualizing myself running 30 minutes straight. Does it really get easier???
I can’t wait to go back for day 2!!!
(note the changing reflection of the T.V. behind me in the gym, especially in the last pic!!!)
I need some words of motivation, people!!!
What keeps you running when you want to stop?