Thanks to everyone who participated in the Friday Favorites link party a couple of weeks ago! I loved peeking at what everyone else is loving and getting some great ideas. I’ll do it again in May, so be ready!
Here are a few of my favorite things right now:
Love the coaches competing against each other. Fun twist on Idol, and so cool how people are judged first on their voices.
Carrie Underwood and Vince Gill’s performance of “How Great Thou Art” on the “Girls Night Out” show. The whole show was pretty awesome, but this performance stole the night. I especially love at the end, when everyone is applauding, and you see Jennifer Nettles mouth the words “what a voice.” Amen to that, Jennifer.
The Royal Dress
Okay, you know I’m not into the whole royal family royal wedding hullabaloo. I woke up at 6 AM and sat in my family room working on my laptop until I realized at 6:45 that the royal wedding was happening. I turned the TV on right before they proceeded out of the church. Oops! Despite my apathy about the wedding, I admit that I have been looking forward to seeing her dress and it did not disappoint. Lace, plunging neckline… everything about it is perfect. Classy, timeless, beautiful.
I ❤ all you bloggers out there. You give me the best advice, and I enjoy reading what you have to say so much. Now for some of my favorite blog posts as of late.
- Anne’s guest post on Carrots ‘n’ Cake. These tips are AWESOME!
- Missy seems to make it on my favorite posts list every week. She’s such an incredible person, and I love this video she shared with us for Easter. Watch it, trust me.
- Beth posted about how changing food habits can impact a relationship.
- Chelsey’s birthday post to her dog made my eyes tear up. Look at that FACE!
- Lindsay’s post about how we blog because of the connection, and how What I Ate Wednesday allows us to share a meal together.
Five Weeks, Three Inches
Last but not least, I am loving my new exercise plan. My new personal trainer is absolutely wonderful. She led me through circuit training today and I have to tell you, I had no idea I could get such an intense workout in my living room! The circuits today were:
- Circuit 1: Dumbbell Chest Press, Squats, Jumping Rope
- Circuit 2: Dumbbell Chest Fly, Wall Squats, Jumping Rope
- Circuit 3: Bench Dip, Lying Leg Raises, Jumping Rope
- Circuit 4: Military Shoulder Press, Basic Crunches, Jumping Rope
- Circuit 5: Triceps Kickbacks, Reverse Crunches, Jumping Rope
I actually started out doing the training at Level 2, but after the second exercise I thought I was going to keel over, so I dropped to Level 1, which was still challenging! This is going to be so awesome. I may actually lose three inches in five weeks!