Happy new year, y’all!!! Are you a resolution setter? I totally am. I love nothing more than to reflect on my life and think about where I should be spending my time, if there’s something I want to accomplish that maybe I’ve been putting off. A new year is a time for starting over, refreshing, and revitalizing. I am miserable with a cold, but ain’t no cold gonna keep me from this day which is the hallmark of the self-improvement that I hold so dear.
I have about a thousand resolutions, but they generally fall into certain groups, in no particular order:
- Be an excellent mother.
- Nurture my relationships.
- Excel at work.
- Be smart with money.
- Focus on health and happiness.
- Organize and simplify.
Broken down a bit it looks something like this:
Be An Excellent Mother
- Tell my children I love them.
- Discipline with love and firmness.
- No screaming or mean words.
Nurture My Relationships
- Remember birthdays and other holidays
- Buy thoughtful presents
- Be an excellent wife
Excel at Work
- Create team development plans
- Read management books
- Meet deadlines and be dependable
- Adhere to personal operating system
- Be more strategic and less operational
Be Smart With Money
- Be more frugal
- Set up 529 plans for kids
- Pay bills on time
Focus on Health and Happiness
- Find a way to exercise regularly
- Get back to weekly meal plans
- Less TV, more hobbies and books
Organize and Simplify
- Get rid of hot spots
- Do FlyLady for at least a month
- Organize office
think know 2013 is going to be a banner year!